Resolving Disputes

Court Orders

Courts can make orders that deal with issues such as custody and access, child and spousal support and family property. Courts can also make changes to orders that have been made and help parties if a court order is not being followed by the other party. The Form Wizard on this site can help you get a court order from the Court of Queen’s Bench but it is not a substitute for legal advice. If you are going to court it is strongly recommended that you seek advice from a lawyer. A lawyer can help you decide what orders to ask for or how to respond to a court case started by the other party. They can also present your case to the court. See Getting Legal Help for information about finding a lawyer, including possible options if you cannot afford a lawyer.

If you are going to Queen’s Bench court you will also need to look at the Rules of Court, as well as the relevant family law legislation and case law. Our Resources section has information on where to find legislation and case law.

Before using the Form Wizard it is also very important to have some basic information about going to court.

Court of Queen’s Bench Locations

When you create court forms using the Form Wizard you will have to specify which Queen’s Bench Court will hear your case. This will usually be the court closest to where you live, but if a case has already been started it will generally be heard by the court where the case was started.

You can find the court nearest to where you live by looking at this list. You can also find out when different Courts of Queen’s Bench have Chambers. You will need to know this if you are starting an Application that will be heard in Chambers because you need to choose a date and time when your case will be heard.